TEN MILLION CHILDREN DIE YEARLY OF STARVATION
Hunger Facts: World Hunger, CIVIL WAR and Poverty: How They ALL Fit Together
HOW YOU ( ONE PERSON ) CAN FIX IT!
YEMEN BABY BOMBED DAILY BY USA JETS
USA BOMBS which OBAMA SOLD TO SAUDI RACISTS.
WE SUPPLY A RACIAL HATE WAR! HUH?
TEN MILLION CHILDREN A YEAR DIE OF HUNGER. 854 million people across the world are hungry, up from 852 million a year ago. Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes--one child every five seconds. United Nations UNICEF ORG claims that today it is 26,000 children dying daily. What can we do? Give 5$ at the door parties to raise money for Darfur/ Clooney type orgs. One working in SYRIA & YEMEN NOW is GIFT OF THE GIVERS ORG.
Slowly work your FESTIVE CELEBRATION-way up to giving even more posh dinner parties, gaining much bigger CORPORATE contributions. But that's THEN. For now, start small. ASK church pastors to lend you their main room. Find gorgeous HOMES owned by sympathetic billionaires and have every one of your HUNGER TEAM make a big ENTREE DISH, and have GUESTS Bring their own WINE BOTTLE. Use paper plates and cups so you don't spend on caterers or rentals. PRINT OUT THE PHOTOS OF
<===== BABIES, PROP UP THESE EASILY GOOGLED PHOTOS (mounted on cardboard) ON THE TABLE WITH THE FOOD!
When you start organizing party fund raisers, you start attracting members, friends of the group, relatives, bosses, and THEIR friends. Finally the CEO's of every big corporation in your town are in your pocket. You have entree into high society. I have spent years with a website training women HOW TO MARRY A BILLIONAIRE DO GOOD WITH MONEY YOU UNLOCK FROM DUSTY VAULTS, and how to START A REAL FUND RAISING CHARITY.
I tell girls that BEAUTY IN A WOMAN is like MONEY IN A MAN (Anita Loos, authoress of GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES said that once.. BEAUTY gives ENTRY! This networking gambit is easy and appropriate for a beautiful woman (much better than acting, modeling, rock music). Charity is a beauty's true career. If you're a single woman, your matrimonial chances are bettered by this mission kind of work. Think of Heather McCartney who had a prosthetic leg charity. Married Beatle Paul. Princess Diana did a sort of charity early in her life. She worked in a daycare before she met Charles. This and OTHER HUMANITARIAN careers for a great beauty are taught at the LUCK IN LOVE Seminars. The CHARITY MAKING is also taught at the VULTURESANDWICH.ORG The Import/Export of artisanry feeding third world villagers is a third. ( See THE BAZAAR FOLKLORICO DONE AS A CHARITY) and EXOTIC MERCHANDISE.
Americans have the greatest taste. GET ARTISTIC men and women INTERESTED IN FEEDING THE STARVING, CHANGING the state of the citizenry of countries previously exploited by Colonialists and despots. Share the files on these WEBSITES, describing THESE ACTIVITIES. AGE 18-30, Beautiful, persuasive, charismatic girls and women SHOULD be doing this type of work, this hobby. NOT the usual WASTE OF TIME activities like PAYING HUGE RENT (Live with Mom and Dad for #*%&#SAKES) Shopping, MOVIES/TV CELEB WORKSHIP, MAGAZINES, DATING, SPAS and endless SHOPPING!
* Not while one child on this planet starves. In essence, hunger is the most extreme form of poverty, where individuals or families cannot afford to meet their most basic need for food. * Hunger manifests itself in many ways other than starvation and famine. Most poor people who battle hunger deal with chronic undernourishment and vitamin or mineral deficiencies, which result in stunted growth, weakness, mental fog and heightened susceptibility to illness. * Countries in which a large portion of the population battles hunger daily are usually poor and often lack the social safety nets we enjoy, such as soup kitchens, food stamps, and job training programs. When a family that lives in a poor country cannot grow enough food or earn enough money to buy food, there is nowhere to turn for help.
Facts and Figures on Population
* Today our world houses 6.55 billion people.
* The United States is a part of the developed or industrialized world, which consists of about 57 countries with a combined population of about 1 billion, less than one sixth of the world’s population.
In contrast, approximately 5.1 billion people live in the developing world. This world is made up of about 125 low and middle-income countries in which people generally have a lower standard of living with access to fewer goods and services than people in high-income countries.
* The remaining 0.4 billion live in countries in transition, which include the Baltic states, eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
AFRICA is the worst. Plagued by drought, entire villages are dying.
Facts and Figures on Hunger and Poverty
*True extent of Ukraine famine revealed in British journalist's diaries
* In 2004, almost 1 billion people lived below the international poverty line, earning less than $1 per day.
* Today the starvation is worst in Yemen, parts of Syria struck by Civil War and Africa of course.
* Among this group of poor people, many have problems obtaining adequate, nutritious food for themselves and their families. As a result, 820 million people in the developing world are undernourished. They consume less than the minimum amount of calories essential for sound health and growth.
* Undernourishment negatively affects people’s health, productivity, sense of hope and overall well-being. A lack of food can stunt growth, slow thinking, sap energy, hinder fetal development and contribute to mental retardation.
I am so angry. If I LIVE I will become a terrorist as
I WILL FIND OUT THAT AMERICA DID THIS TO US!
YOU SOLD YOUR ALLY SAUDI ARABIA THESE JETS & BOMBS
* Economically, the constant securing of food consumes valuable time and energy of poor people, allowing less time for work and earning income.
* In villages torn by civil war, famine, drought, there is no farming, is no economy, are no job hires. Teens flee to the city to hook or steal.
* Socially, the lack of food erodes relationships and feeds shame so that those most in need of support are often least able to call on it.
* Go to the World Food Programme website and click on either "Counting the Hungry" or "Interactive Hunger Map" for presentations on hunger and poverty around the world. Give parties, charge 5$ for wine and crudite, and 10$ or 15$ for a banquet feast, send receipts to them. PARTY GIVING TIPS
Facts and Figures on Health
* Poor nutrition and calorie deficiencies cause nearly one in three people to die prematurely or have disabilities, according to the World Health Organization.
* Pregnant women, new mothers who breastfeed infants, and children are among the most at risk of undernourishment.
* In 2005, about 10.1 million children died before they reached their fifth birthday. Almost all of these deaths occured in developing countries, 3/4 of them in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, the two regions that also suffer from the highest rates of hunger and malnutrition.
* Most of these deaths are attributed, not to outright starvation, but to diseases that move in on vulnerable children whose bodies have been weakened by hunger.
* Every year, more than 20 million low-birth weight babies are born in developing countries. These babies risk dying in infancy, while those who survive often suffer lifelong physical and cognitive disabilities.
* The four most common childhood illnesses are diarrhea, acute respiratory illness, malaria and measles. Each of these illnesses is both preventable and treatable. Yet, again, poverty interferes in parents’ ability to access immunizations and medicines. Chronic undernourishment on top of insufficient treatment greatly increases a child’s risk of death.
* In the developing world, 27 percent of children under 5 are moderately to severely underweight. 10 percent are severely underweight. 10 percent of children under 5 are moderately to severely wasted, or seriously below weight for one’s height, and an overwhelming 31 percent are moderately to severely stunted, or seriously below normal height for one’s age.
Facts and Figures on HIV/AIDS
* The spreading HIV/AIDS epidemic has quickly become a major obstacle in the fight against hunger and poverty in developing countries.
* Because the majority of those falling sick with AIDS are young adults who normally harvest crops, food production has dropped dramatically in countries with high HIV/AIDS prevalence rates.
* In half of the countries in sub-Saharan Africa, per capita economic growth is estimated to be falling by between 0.5 and 1.2 percent each year as a direct result of AIDS.
* Infected adults also leave behind children and elderly relatives, who have little means to provide for themselves. In 2003, 12 million children were newly orphaned in southern Africa, a number expected to rise to 18 million in 2010. (This article is admittedly old. Any research you could do for 2016 would be appreciated by this DIZZY SENIOR POSTER (Anita Sands Hernandez).
* Since the epidemic began, 25 million people have died from AIDS, which has caused more than 15 million children to lose at least one parent. For its analysis, UNICEF uses a term that illustrates the gravity of the situation; child-headed households, or minors orphaned by HIV/AIDS who are raising their siblings. 8
* 1 % (ages 15-49) of the world is HIV prevalent (2005 data).
* 1.1 % (ages 15-49) of developing countries are HIV prevalent (2005 data).
* Approximately 39.5 million people are living with HIV/AIDS in the world. Of this figure, 63 percent live in Sub-Saharan Africa.
* In 2006, 4.3 million people become infected with HIV and 2.9 million people died of AIDS.
You Can Help in the Fight Against Hunger and HIV/AIDS Give a FUND RAISER IN YOUR TOWN. It's just a big party given at a church or school. THE 'HOW To's" are here.
Give that MONEY to any big, AFRICAN CHARITY. Google up "BEST CHARITY" + Africa. I did and got GIFTOFTHEGIVERS.ORG But you can't have your guests write the check to that big charity, as it bothers people to have a check and account number go to AFRICA! So s unless you get yourselves a Tax Exempt Foundation status and the Secretary of State OKAYS you as a charity just collect money, payable to yourself, PUT IT ALL in YOUR ACCOUNT and USE THE BANK to send it to the charity's BANK in AFRICA. Bank to Bank is very safe. 5$ charge at times, although you can talk your banker out of charging it very easily. TO DO A REAL CHARITY: Two things. Accountant does part, volunteering his time, Lawyer does the rest, walking it thru STATE CAPITAL or you can do it yourself.
Next, Online, Join "Bread for the World" Their 58,000 members contact their senators and representatives about legislation that affects hungry people in the United States and worldwide. They do not provide direct relief or development assistance. Rather, they focus on using the power we have as citizens in a democracy to support policies that address the root causes of hunger and poverty.
* * * * * *
Africa's Famine: No Shortage of Blame
The Vultures Are Gathering
Thilo Thielke, Der Spiegel (liberal newsmagazine), Hamburg, Germany, Feb. 10, 2003
The life of Agenyo Tebeje, an Ethiopian mother, ended at five in the morning on Jan. 22. As the last strength ebbed from her body, the first light of day came through the oval opening of her tukul [a traditional Ethiopian building )Next to her lay her fever-ridden son, dying of malaria. Agenyo Tebeje died of starvation at the age of 35, in her village, Kwalessa, in the Amhara highlands, a dry and barren region. It has not rained here in months.
For weeks now, grim flocks of vultures have been announcing death in Abyssinia [Ethiopia]. The buzzards first fed on the tens of thousands of cattle dying on the land. Now they are circling hungrily over Kwalessa, and the remaining inhabitants must hurry when they bury their dead. Two have perished today.
“The first died back in December,” says Tadju Bimer, 34, the leader of this sad village, with infants and the old going first. Now middle-aged people are dying. With a gesture of despair, the young man points to the row of fresh graves. More than 30 people have already died of malnutrition in this village, which has no more than 500 inhabitants.(WHERE WERE YOU IN WINTER 2003? Think back.)
The next harvest will not come in before August. “Death will arrive early this year,” says this bookkeeper of mortality, as he watches the sweating gravediggers plunge their spades into the hard, reddish-brown earth. “Lord, stand by us,” murmurs an Ethiopian Orthodox priest, protected from the hellish sun by a bright parasol.
These deaths in Kwalessa are probably only the opening notes of a far greater catastrophe. According to estimates by the United Nations World Food Program, 14.3 million people in Ethiopia are threatened with starvation—every fifth person in the country, and thus twice as many as in years with typical harvests. The last harvest produced a fourth less than that of the year before. And in some regions of Amhara, things look ever grimmer. “We got 50 percent less precipitation,” says Bernhard Meier zu Biesen of German World Hunger Aid, “and 50 percent less precipitation means 80 percent less harvested.”
Drought and hunger are familiar guests in this country, where back in the 19th century Richard Burton, traveling in Abyssinia, wrote of the “lethal heat by day and deadly cold at night.” The great famine that afflicted the country from 1888 to 1892 cost it roughly one-third of its population. A French medical researcher sent to observe the disaster wrote: “The people are dying in such numbers that the living no longer bury the dead.”
This nation, about the size of France and Spain combined, has been the victim of droughts in recent times, too. The drought of 1973 cost Emperor Haile Selassie his throne. And about a million people died of starvation in 1984-85, partly because the Marxist clique around then-dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam was even exporting food in order to pay for arms.
The fact that undernourishment dramatically increases the likelihood of outbreaks of disease is well established. “Famine,” observed British scientist Richard Pankhurst, “has often been accompanied in Ethiopian history by epidemics and a dramatic rise in death rates due to disease.” AIDS, LEPROSY, ZIKA AND WEST NILE, EBOLA, diseases that have crossed to America, had their cradle in such remote places.
“We all know what will happen,” complains Enguahone Teffera, a nurse, “but still they send only GMO corn, and no medicine.” He has noted three times the usual rate of malaria infections in his small clinic. And he sees only those who have somehow made it over the mountains—those who have managed to walk the rough paths themselves, or were lucky enough to be carried by stronger people. As for those who die in the wastelands of Abyssinia, he has no idea. “Most of them are just put into the ground. Their deaths are not included in U.N. statistics,” he says.
Given the tragedy of Ethiopia, there is increasing criticism of the aid community. Because they send food aid every year, even in those with normal harvests, the Ethiopians are becoming dependent upon aid, says, for example, the head of the agricultural education office in South Gonder, Yibabe Adane.
Klaus Feldner, 59, has worked here for the German Agency for Technical Cooperation since 1996. He is not alone in his conviction that the supposedly altruistic international aid really serves the interests of the industrialized world. “The World Food Program buys subsidized food in the West in order to distribute it in Africa and thereby ruins the market for local farmers, who can no longer sell their crops,” he says. This leads to lethargy and an underdeveloped infrastructure for independence.
For those dying in Kwalessa, any aid has come too late. As the corpse of single mother Agenyo Tebeje is lowered into the Ethiopian soil under the searing midday sun, sacks of grain are being unloaded only a couple of hundred meters away. The bags are stamped with the emblems of the European Union and the World Food Program.
The sacks are stacked inside a large warehouse, which is already half full. The government in distant Addis Ababa wants to wait until there is full-blown famine before distributing food, says Bimer, the village chief, with a look that betrays his hopelessness.
During the last weeks of her life, Agenyo Tebeje had to listen to the noise of the trucks delivering food aid several times a day. She must have stood once or twice at the fence to watch the gifts arrive from the First World. They did not help her one bit.
Anita Sands Hernandez
PORTAL to 7,000 FREE SEMINARS ON WEALTH 101 & REALITY 101
<===== BACK TO THE PORTAL to 7,000 CLASSROOMS by ANITA, REPUBLISH ALL AT YOUR BLOG, FREE. GET AD REVENUE. MONETIZE.(sites below)
<====BACK TO THE OLIGARCH EMPIRE ARCHIVE a collection of articles<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW a collection of articles
<==== BACK TO THE WALL STREET MELTDOWN WEBSITE, WHO DUNNIT? WHY?
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX AMERICA INDEX PAGE.
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<=== BACK TO SCREEN WRITING, NOVEL WRITING, the BIG $$, Anita's SHOW BIZ INDEX
<====BACK TO IMPORT/EXPORT BIZ, TRAVEL THE WORLD = ARTISANS, MAKE $$
<==== BACK TO THE "FUTURE or WHAT'S COMING AT YA!
<=== MUCH MORE ON USA'S PLANS (TRUMP ERA) FOR WAR IN MUSLIM REGIONS
<=== BACK TO ENRON PLANET, the DOOMSDAY SCENARIO that GREEDY CONNECTED CEOS DO which started it all
<====BACK TO THE HOLISTIC GOURMET, BON MARCHE
<=== BACK TO THE GLEENERS PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL INDEX PAGE
<== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE GENTLEMAN FARMER'S GARDEN INDEX
<=== INVESTIGATE DOING DRIP IRRIGATE- LINES -- LOW start-up costs/minimal training & even a teen can earn big money,
<=== BACK TO ACTIVISM IS A DELIGHT & CREATES CAREERS as well as PLANETARY EVOLUTION
<=== BACK TO THE MALTHUSIAN NEUROSIS PAGE
<===BACK TO THE PHILOSOPHY INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE LUCK IN LOVE WEBSITE, HOW TO MARRY WELL!
<== BACK TO THE PROPAGANDA STUDIES WEBSITE, HOW GOV LIES TO YOU
<=== BACK TO ALL POINTS OF THE COMPASS POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TUTORIAL
<=== BACK TO JERRY'S REFRIGERATOR & the Tin Foil Hat Collection of CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO MONEY SECRETS ONLY THE EXPERTS KNOW
<====BACK TO THE FREE MONEY WEBSITE
<==== BACK TO THE HARD TIMES WEBSITE
<===== BACK TO THE POVERTY INDEX PAGE
<==== BACK TO THE "TIPS to SURVIVE THE FUTURE" INDEX PAGE
BACK TO THE "FIX YOUR FLAGGING AMBITION" SEMINAR
<===== BACK TO REJUVENATION 101 (POSTPONING DEATH, AGING, ILLNESS)
<======HOW TO RUN A WEBSITE FOR MONEY, EZ NEW NEWBIE TIPS
<=====BACK TO STUFF OUR GOV WILL NEVER TELL YOU.
<=====BACK TO CONSPIRACY THEORIES YOU NEVER HEARD
<====FEED THE WORLD, GIVE PARTIES, COOK FROM SCRATCH, Guests bring dishes. CHARGE l0$. BYOB as tiddly, they will give extra, a second larger check
<==== BACK TO THE HOW TO MARRY A BILLIONAIRE WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, CHARITY IS YOUR TRUE MISSION.
<==== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX
<===- BACK TO START A REAL FUND RAISING, TAX EXEMPT CHARITY TO RAISE MONEY FOR U.N. GIFT TO THE GIVERS and other CHARITIES
<==== HOW TO BE A MAGIC ANGEL, CONTACT HEAVEN AND DO WORKS -- THE NEW AGE INDEX PAGE
<==== MEET THE AUTHOR OF ALL THIS, THE MASTER JULES, HIS OWN SEMINAR FOR HIGH CONSCIOUSNESS
<=== READ THE MISSION THAT CHANGES ONE'S LIFE, GOOSEFLESH GUARANTEED