By Nancy Appleton, Ph.D.
KIDS ARE ADDICTS THESE DAYS. YOU CAN EASILY GET THE ADDICTION CURED!
Can you or your child go for more than a day without eating sugar in any form?
Do you drink soft drinks or milkshakes, eat Danish pastry, fruit yogurt (a
6 oz. cartoon has 7 teaspoons of sugar or honey), donuts, bagels, cakes,
cookies, most bran muffins or many other sugary items. Can you go without
any other foods that contain words ending in "ose" such as sucrose,
fructose, etc., or contain corn syrup, corn sweetener, honey, barley malt,
maple syrup, sugar cane solids, or rice syrup? Do you pig out on a carton
of ice cream or a bag of cookies? If you find that sugar is part of your
diet every day, you may have a problem.
The average person eats 153 pounds of sugar a year. That is equivalent
to over 1/2 cup of sugar a day. The teenage boy eats twice that much. So
you say, "Who cares?" What is wrong with sugar?
There is much scientific evidence written in many medical journals
showing that sugar can ruin your health. Do you have any of the
following symptoms? Do you fall asleep after meals, have allergies, gas,
bloating, extended stomach after meals, joint pains, headaches, chronic
fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, over weight, skin problems, high blood
pressure or other symptoms? These all can be signs of a sugar problem.
We have evolved from early man having digestive mechanisms to digest
foods. RARELY did he find a honey bee hive and get anything sweeter than
An occasional apple. We do not have the digestive mechanisms to digest
the glut of sugar that we are eating on a daily basis. Recently,
information has emerged as to what happens to the minerals in the body
when sugar and other abusive foods are eaten.
For example, every time we eat just as little as 2 tsp sugar our blood chemistry can
change, and we can throw ourselves out of homeostasis, the wonderful
electrochemical balance needed for health and life itself. Doctors and
clinicians do not usually test the total blood chemistry of a person
before and after ingesting sugar, but if they did, they would find that
the minerals increase or decrease, and change relationship with each
other. In the usual case the calcium increases and the phosphorus
decreases (the ratio of calcium to phosphorous increases too much) and
there is toxic calcium in the body because minerals only work in
relation to each other. A mineral can become toxic to the body when
there is an excess of that mineral in the body. Toxic calcium can cause
plaque on the teeth, kidney stones, arthritis, cataracts, bone spurs,
and hardening of the arteries. These are effects of an increase in a
particular mineral ratio. When minerals decrease, they can be reduced to
such an extent that our enzymes are unable to function well as each
enzyme is dependent upon a mineral to function. As a result we do not
digest our food completely and some of this undigested food can get
directly into the blood stream and is treated as a foreign substance.
The KIDNEYS fail from undigested PROTEIN going thru. All of us end
up OLD with faces like meat pies. We all resemble one another when OLD
That is facial EDEMA, kidney failure, the by-product of incomplete
digestion, and it causes the immune system to CRASH and perpetually
attempt to come into action. Actually, this is one form of food allergy. The immune
system must respond to this undigested or partially digested food in the
blood stream. For some of us, this undigested food can cause an
inflammatory response with sneezes and wheezes. For others it might
cause headaches, anger, arthritis, fatigue, multiple sclerosis,
psoriasis or other problems. On top of all this, too much sugar can
overwork and exhaust our white cells and weaken our immune system. The
white blood cells need protein to function, and they are not receiving
the correct protein combinations since protein is not being digested and assimilated properly.
The bottom line is that sugar upsets the body chemistry and suppresses the
immune system. Once the immune system becomes suppressed, the door is
opened to infectious and degenerative diseases. The stronger the immune
system the easier it is for the body to fight infectious and degenerative
Sugar is implicated in the following diseases and many more: allergies,
arthritis, diabetes, hypoglycemia, osteoporosis, gallstones, kidney stones,
headaches, yeast infections, and cataracts.
So if you have any of the symptoms or diseases mentioned, remove all forms
of sugar from your diet for two weeks, I think that you will be pleasantly
suprised. Not only will some of those symptoms disappear but you will be
strengthening your immune system, allowing it to do the job it was meant
to, defend you against foreign invaders.
Nancy Appleton, Ph.D., did her undergraduate work at U.C.L.A. in Food and
Nutrition. She received her Ph.D. from Walden University in Health
Services. Her award willing dissertation was written on "An Alternative
to the Germ Theory," which will come out in the book THE CURSE OF
LOUIS PASTEUR. She is author of HEALTHY BONES, and LICK
THE SUGAR HABIT THE CURSE OF LOUIS PASTEUR, and HEAL
YOURSELF WITH NATURAL FOODS.
For more information on the web: www.nancyappleton.com
76 Ways Sugar Can Ruin Your Health
Contributed by Nancy Appleton, Ph.D
Author of the book Lick The Sugar Habit
In addition to throwing off the body's chemical balance, excess sugar may
result in a number of other significant consequences. The following is a listing
of some of sugar's metabolic consequences from a variety of medical
journals and other scientific publications.
1. Sugar can suppress your immune system and impair your defenses against
infectious disease so a bad TOOTH becomes REALLLLLY BAD!
2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in your body: causes chromium and
copper deficiencies and interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium
3. Sugar can cause can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline, hyperactivity, anxiety,
difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children
4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad
cholesterol and a decrease in good cholesterol.
5. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.
6. Sugar feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of
cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung,
gallbladder and stomach.
7. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose and can cause reactive
hypoglycemia. Years of THAT you have HYPERGLYCEMIA. DIABETES!
8. Sugar can weaken eyesight Diabetics LOSE their sight totally.
9. Sugar can cause many problems with the gastrointestinal tract including: an
acidic digestive tract, indigestion, malabsorption in patients with functional
bowel disease, increased risk of Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.
10. Sugar can cause premature aging. You eat nothing nutritious. JUST JUNK.
11. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.30
12. Sugar can cause your saliva to become acidic, tooth decay, and periodontal
13. Sugar contributes to obesity.
14. Sugar can cause autoimmune diseases such as: arthritis, asthma, multiple
15. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast
16. Sugar can cause gallstones.39
17. Sugar can cause appendicitis.40
18. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.41
19. Sugar can cause varicose veins.42
20. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.43
21. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.44
22. Sugar can cause a decrease in your insulin sensitivity thereby causing an
abnormally high insulin levels and eventually diabetes.45,46,47
23. Sugar can lower your Vitamin E levels.48
24. Sugar can increase your systolic blood pressure.49
25. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.50
26. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar
molecules attaching to and thereby damaging proteins in the body).51
27. Sugar can interfere with your absorption of protein.52
28. Sugar causes food allergies.53
29. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.54
30. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.55
31. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.56,57
32. Sugar can impair the structure of your DNA.58
33. Sugar can change the structure of protein and cause a permanent alteration
of the way the proteins act in your body.59,60
34. Sugar can make your skin age by changing the structure of collagen.61
35. Sugar can cause cataracts and nearsightedness.62,63
36. Sugar can cause emphysema.64
37. High sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems
in your body.65
38. Sugar lowers the ability of enzymes to function.66
39. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson's disease.67
40. Sugar can increase the size of your liver by making your liver cells divide and
it can increase the amount of liver fat.68,69
41. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the
kidney such as the formation of kidney stones.70,71
42. Sugar can damage your pancreas.72
43. Sugar can increase your body's fluid retention.73
44. Sugar is enemy #1 of your bowel movement.74
45. Sugar can compromise the lining of your capillaries.75
46. Sugar can make your tendons more brittle.76
47. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.77
48. Sugar can reduce the learning capacity, adversely affect school children's
grades and cause learning disorders.78,79
49. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves which can
alter your mind's ability to think clearly.80
50. Sugar can cause depression.81
51. Sugar can increase your risk of gout.82
52. Sugar can increase your risk of Alzheimer's disease.83
53. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalances such as: increasing estrogen in men,
exacerbating PMS, and decreasing growth hormone.84,85,86,87
54. Sugar can lead to dizziness.88
55. Diets high in sugar will increase free radicals and oxidative stress.89
56. High sucrose diets of subjects with peripheral vascular disease significantly
increases platelet adhesion.90
57. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents can lead to substantial
decrease in gestation duration and is associated with a twofold increased
risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.91,92
58. Sugar is an addictive substance.93
59. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.94
60. Sugar given to premature babies can affect the amount of carbon dioxide
61. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.96
62. Your body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than
it does starch.97
63. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese
64. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit
hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).99
65. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.100
66. Sugar can slow down the ability of your adrenal glands to function.101
67. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a
normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.102
68. I.V.s (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to your
69. Sugar increases your risk of polio.104
70. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.105
71. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.106
72. In intensive care units: Limiting sugar saves lives.107
73. Sugar may induce cell death.108
74. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet,
there was a 44 percent drop in antisocial behavior.109
75. Sugar dehydrates newborns.110
76. Sugar can cause gum disease.111
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Our POSTER is ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ, Los Angeles Writer, Futurist and Astrologer. Catch up with her websites TRUTHS GOV WILL HIDE & NEVER TELL YOU, also The FUTURE, WHAT'S COMIN' AT YA! FRUGAL LIFE STYLE TIPS, HOW TO SURVIVE the COMING GREAT DEPRESSION, and Secrets of Nature, HOLISTIC, AFFORDABLE HEALING. Also ARTISANRY FOR EXPORT, EARN EUROS....* Anita is at firstname.lastname@example.org ). Get a 35$ natal horoscope "my money/future life" reading now + copy horoscope as a Gif file graphic! No smarter, more accurate career reading out there!
<=== BACK TO THE SCREENWRITER'S INDEX, ARCHIVE, PRODUCERS, WRITERS AND DOCUMENTARIANS ANYWHERE CAN DO IT
<=== BACK TO OTHER REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO MONEY SECRETS ONLY THE EXPERTS KNOW
<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
<===BACK TO THE SECRETS OF THE OLIGARCHS, THE EMPIRE INDEX PAGE
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX INDEX PAGE.
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<==== BACK TO THE "VITAL SIGNS OF A DYING ECONOMY" the "FUTURE" WEBPAGE
<==== BACK TO THE WALL STREET MELTDOWN WEBSITE, with "WHAT TO DO TO SURVIVE" TIPS
<=== BACK TO ENRON PLANET, the DOOMSDAY SCENARIO!
<====BACK TO THE HOLISTIC GOURMET, BON MARCHE
<=== BACK TO THE GLEENERS PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL INDEX PAGE
<== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE GENTLEMAN FARMER'S GARDEN INDEX
<=== INVESTIGATE DOING DRIP IRRIGATE- LINES in DROUGHT STATE GARDENS for big $, LEARN in1HR at HOME DEPOT
<=== BACK TO THE ACTIVISM IS A DELIGHT PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE MALTHUSIAN INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE PHILOSOPHY INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE LUCK IN LOVE WEBSITE
<== BACK TO THE PROPAGANDA STUDIES WEBSITE, HOW GOV LIES TO YOU
<=== BACK TO ALL POINTS OF THE COMPASS POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TUTORIAL
<=== BACK TO JERRY'S REFRIGERATOR & the Tin Foil Hat Collection of CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
<=== BACK TO THE GLOBAL ELITE AND THE DAMAGE THEY DO
<===BACK TO THE HISTORY OF EMPIRES AND EMPERORS
<===BACK TO THE "GET TO KNOW YOUR LOCAL OLIGARCH " WEBSITE
<--- BACK TO THE NEWS STORIES YOU WON'T READ IN REGULAR PAPERS WEBPAGE
<=== BACK TO THE HEROES OF ACTIVISM WEBPAGE
<=== EVICTION DANGERS and SOLUTIONS
<=== BACK TO THE HARD TIMES INDEX PAGE
<== BACK TO THE CREATE A CHARITY & SALARY YOURSELF WEBPAGE
<==BACK TO THE HOLISTIC ARCHIVE, 100 WAYS TO REJUVENATE, PREVENT DISEASE
<===BACK TO THE REAL ESTATE INDEX SO POOR PEOPLE CAN BUY LAND & PROFIT
<=== PORTAL to 7,000 ARTICLES YOU CAN REPUBLISH FREE, ATTRACT AD REVENUE