A Minister Speaks About Bush being the devil, the immoral Satan
I had to do what my superiors told me to do!
I was just following orders! Cheney at times wouldn’t
even tell me what we were up to. He just gave me my
orders. HE should be wearing the horns not me!
“I (Robin Meyers) join the ranks of those who are angry, because I have watched as the faith I love has been taken over by fundamentalists who claim to speak for Jesus, but whose actions are anything but Christian.
We’ve heard a lot lately about so-called “moral values” as having swung the election to President Bush. Well, I’m a great believer in moral values, but we need to have a discussion, all over this country, about exactly what constitutes a moral value—I mean what are we talking about?
Because we don’t get to make them up as we go along, especially not if we are people of faith. We have an inherited tradition of what is right and wrong, and moral is as moral does. Let me give you just a few of the reasons why I take issue with those in power who claim moral values are on their side:
you start a war on false pretenses, (get P.M. Blair to join you,
pretending there are reasons, all of which surfaced in a memo that just came
out,) and then act as if your deceptions are justified because you are doing
God’s will, and that your critics are either unpatriotic or lacking in faith,
there are some of us who have given our lives to teaching and preaching the
faith who believe that this is not only not moral, but immoral.
• When you live in a country that has established international rules for waging a just war, then break them. When you build the United Nations on your own soil to enforce the rules you have broken and then arrogantly LIE about breaking the very rules you set down for the rest of the world, you are doing something immoral.
• When you claim that Jesus is the Lord of your life, and yet fail to acknowledge that your policies ignore his essential teaching, or turn them on their head (you know, Sermon on the Mount stuff like that we must never return violence for violence and that those who live by the sword will die by the sword), you are doing something immoral. In any case, it wasn't IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN who bombed the WTC. So you just used WTC as an excuse to get oil pipelines laid, in the case of Afghanistan, so you could get Georgian oil. Or the other, was to switch the IRAQI oil market back to dollars as Saddam had switched to Euros.
• When you act as if the lives of Iraqi civilians and their babies are not as important as the lives of American soldiers, and refuse to even count them, you are doing something immoral.
• When you and all your henchmen find a way to avoid combat in Vietnam, and then question the patriotism of someone who volunteered to fight, and came home a hero, you are doing something immoral.
• When you ignore the fundamental teachings of the gospel, which says that the way the strong treat the weak is the ultimate ethical test, by giving tax breaks to the wealthiest among us so the strong will get stronger and the weak will get weaker, you are doing something immoral.
• When you wink at the torture of prisoners, and deprive so-called ”enemy combatants” of the rules of the Geneva convention, which your own country helped to establish and insists that other countries follow, you are doing something immoral.
• When you claim that the world can be divided up into the good guys and the evil doers, slice up your own nation into those who are with you, or with the terrorists—and then launch a war which enriches your own friends and seizes control of the oil to which we are addicted, instead of helping us to kick the habit, you are doing something immoral.
• When you fail to veto a single spending bill, but ask us to pay for a war with no exit strategy and no end in sight, creating an enormous deficit that hangs like a great millstone around the necks of our children, you are doing something immoral.
• When you cause most of the rest of the world to hate a country that was once the most loved country in the world, and act like it doesn’t matter what others think of us, only what God thinks of you, you have done something immoral.
• When you use hatred of homosexuals as a wedge issue to turn out record numbers of evangelical voters, and use the Constitution as a tool of discrimination, you are doing something immoral.
• When you favor the death penalty, and yet claim to be a follower of Jesus, who said an eye for an eye was the old way, not the way of the kingdom, you are doing something immoral.
• When you dismantle countless environmental laws designed to protect the earth which is God’s gift to us all, so that the corporations that bought you and paid for your favors will make higher profits while our children breathe dirty air and live in a toxic world, you have done something immoral. You hand over the earth which belongs to the Lord and the people to scumbags like Halliburton, Carlyle and Bechtel who go to third world countries,take all the water pipes and then charge peasants a month's income for water service, and you hand those countries over to Enron, G.E.,Hughes, Lockheed so they can bomb civilian babies to dust, create such hunger that bands of men roam, rape and plunder daily..
• When you claim that our God is bigger than their God, and that our killing is righteous, while theirs is evil, we have begun to resemble the enemy we claim to be fighting, and that is immoral. We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us.
• When you tell people that you intend to run and govern as a ”compassionate conservative,” using the word which is the essence of all religious faith-compassion, and then show no compassion for anyone who disagrees with you, and no patience with those who cry to you for help, you are doing something immoral.
• When you talk about Jesus constantly, who was a healer of the sick, but do nothing to make sure that anyone who is sick can go to see a doctor, even if she doesn’t have a penny in her pocket, you are doing something immoral.
• When you put judges on the bench who are racist, and will set women back a hundred years, and when you surround yourself with preachers who say gays ought to be killed, you are doing something immoral.
I’m tired of people thinking that because I’m a Christian, I must be a supporter of President Bush, or that because I favor civil rights and gay rights I must not be a person of faith. I’m tired of people saying that I can’t support the troops if I oppose the war—I heard that when I was your age, when the Vietnam war was raging. We knew that that war was wrong, and you know that this war is wrong—the only question is how many people are going to die before these make-believe Christians are removed from power?
This country is bankrupt. The war is morally bankrupt. The claim of this administration to be Christian is bankrupt. And the only people who can turn things around are people like you—young people who are just beginning to wake up to what is happening to them. It’s your country to take back. It’s your faith to take back. It’s your future to take back.
Don’t be afraid to speak out. Don’t back down when your friends begin to tell you that the cause is righteous and that the flag should be wrapped around the cross, while the rest of us keep our mouths shut.
Real Christians take chances for peace. So do real Jews, and real Muslims, and real Hindus, and real Buddhists—so do all the faith traditions of the world at their heart believe one thing: life is precious. Every human being is precious. Arrogance is the opposite of faith. Greed is the opposite of charity. And believing that one has never made a mistake is the mark of a deluded man, not a man of faith.
And war—war is the greatest failure of the human race—and thus the greatest failure of faith.
There’s an old rock and roll song, whose lyrics say it all: War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing. Except enriching the war toy manufacturers who paid your campaign costs!
And what is the dream of the prophets? That we should study war no more, that we should beat our swords into plowshares and our spears into pruning hooks. Who would Jesus bomb, indeed? How many wars does it take to know that too many people have died? ONE would be too many. And evil leaders like Bush Senior and Jr, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld. ONE of those WOULD BE TOO MANY! What if they gave a war and nobody came? Maybe one day we will find out.
NEVER AS LONG AS I AM IN
CHARGE OF YOUR PLANET!
That little squirt W. is barely a little devil. Guys like me have to use these mindless
warts to do our bidding. And more's the pity. Little chimp stood in my way on everything. Last
year in office, we didn't even TALK to one another, he was so mad at me. He found
out WHO I AM and WHO I WORK FOR. Who his Dad worked for. WHO WE ALL WORK FOR
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<===BACK TO TIPS ON HAVING THE FRUGAL LIFESTYLE (STUFF THAT WASN'T ON OPRAH!)
<===BACK TO JERRY's REFRIGERATOR, the CONSPIRACY PAGE!
<-----BACK TO WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COLLAPSE OF THE ECONOMY WEBPAGE and what new LAWS do we need?
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX INDEX PAGE
<==BACK TO ACTIVISM THAT WORKS AND IS FUN TO DO
<==BACK TO THE SCREENWRITERS' INDEX
<=== BACK TO THE HEROES INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE "START YOUR OWN CHARITY, SALARY YOURSELF & CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER WEBPAGE and SEMINAR
<=== GO BACK TO THE $$ SECRETS GUERILLA CAPITALISTS NEED 2-KNOW WEBSITE
<=== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE FILMMAKERS PATH TO GLORY! CONFRONTATIONAL DOCUMENTARIES
REMEMBER TO USE MY SECRET METHOD TO ORDER USED BOOKS
<===== BACK to CONVERSATION 101 Index
Our POSTER is ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ, Los Angeles Writer, Futurist and Astrologer. Catch up with her websites TRUTHS GOV WILL HIDE & NEVER TELL YOU, also The FUTURE, WHAT'S COMIN' AT YA! & HOW TO SURVIVE the COMING GREAT DEPRESSION, and Secrets of Nature, HOLISTIC, AFFORDABLE HEALING. Also HOW TO LIVE on A NICKLE, The FRUGAL PAGE.* Anita is at email@example.com ). Get a 15$ natal horoscope "my money/future life" reading now + copy horoscope as a Gif file graphic! All your talents, your karma (obstacles/ lessons) and your dharma (true mission) related to career and most importantly, the talents you bring from past lives.